Learning the ropes at National Geographic

Litman, Eugene at NatGeoBy Dean’s Intern Eugene Litman at National Geographic

Hi! My name is Eugene Litman and I’m a senior double majoring in Business Administration & Film and Media Arts with a marketing specialization. I grew up in the D.C. suburbs and my mom is actually a career counselor at AU. That being said, I definitely know the importance of internships during college, and I’m very excited to now be a Dean’s intern.

After spending a semester interning in the marketing department for Discovery, I decided to check out its competition.

Which brings me here. I’m currently interning for the Brand Activation team for both National Litman, Eugene PenGeographic Channels as well as Fox Networks. I love being creative and this team allows me to think creatively and see how the team brainstorms new promotions that integrate both a specific show and brand. What I love most, besides the beautiful cafeteria, is that there is not one day that is the same. A typical day is filled with projects, from making sure certain promos air, reading scripts for upcoming shows, writing promos, helping create presentations for clients, and much more.

There aren’t many places where your cubicle, or ‘pod’, is situated next to a blow up zebra and is stocked with animal stickers and a pen in the shape of a bird. Nat Geo is truly a fun and unique place to work, and I’m excited to be a part of it.