Diving Deep into Rapid-Response Communications at New Paradigm Agency

By Dean’s Intern Schanelle Saldanha at New Paradigm Agency

SchanelleSaldanhaThis semester, I’ve gotten to chance to work as a Communications Intern with New Paradigm Agency, progressive, data-driven public affairs and communications consulting firm. My experience has been nothing short of enriching and informative, as I’ve been able to work with a variety of clients and pressing issues.

Over the course of the semester, I have had the opportunity to delve into the rapid-response communications world by assisting with social media content, drafting and developing pitch lists and press releases, and executing several research projects and funder reports. Most importantly, I’ve gotten the chance to work with organizations that are striving to enact positive change in the world – from immigration reform to women’s health. Being able to use the communications skills I have learned to help elevate and inform the public about these causes has been an incredibly rewarding aspect of the job and has made me fall in love with our work even more.

With only a few weeks left, I am looking forward to continuing to learn all that NP and the professional communications world have to offer me! It’s been a wonderful experience so far and I’m grateful to have had such an invaluable internship!