No two days are alike on the job at IMG

By Dean’s Intern Mary McMillan at Interface Media Group

Mary McMillanAs a Dean’s Intern with Interface Media Group, I have had the privilege of shadowing seasoned professionals in all aspects of development, production, and post production. There are very few companies in Washington, D.C. where you can spend Monday learning from an Academy Award winning sound designer, Tuesday learning to edit professional graphics work for clients, and  Wednesday writing and producing your own video for the company. No two days at IMG have been the same. Each person has taken time to teach me about their specialty, and I look forward to coming to work in the morning. This has been one of my favorite parts about working here. Last week, I wrote and shot a promotional video for IMG using a fully equipped studio and enthusiastic IMG staff members. In the coming weeks, I will edit this video and create two more like it for a series. Yet, I would have to say the best part of my experience is seeing what a positive work environment can look like. My coworkers collaborate on a daily basis (even with me), and seem truly happy to be here. I could go on and on. In short, this has been a fantastic experience.