You Never Know Who You’ll Meet

By Dean’s Intern Brianna Crummy at NBC4

Brianna CrummyWorking for NBC Washington has been nothing short of thrilling, rewarding and fun! I have the
opportunity to work alongside an incredible digital team that is so open to new ideas. Almost every day that I’m in the office I get to write a story for the web while also working on some original reporting.

I’ve had the chance to do several Facebook Live events. One of which I got to meet Jocko Sims, an actor in the new TV series New Amsterdam. I just happened to be sitting with the social media editor when the reporter told her Sims was going to be in the studio that day. She offered me the chance to do the Facebook live which was exciting  because I love the show.

Not only do I get to do multimedia journalism, but I’m learning some of the interworkings of broadcast too. It’s always really fun to work with the reporters to translate their work for online and for social media. This week I got to go to the courthouse to help cover a trial about the D.C. Mansion Murders and collaborate with one of the NBC4 reporters to promote her coverage online. You never know what you’ll be covering from day to day, but regardless I am always doing something new and having a great time!