Who’s The New Dean’s Internship Coordinator?

Dean’s Internship Coordinator Don Michael Mendoza

Hello! I’m Don Michael Mendoza and I am the new coordinator for the Dean’s Internship Program here at American University’s School of Communication.

You can call me “Don Mike” and I’m here to be your resource for any questions you may have about taking advantage of this prestigious opportunity.

MendozaSelfie

As for my origins, I came to American University from Pittsburgh, PA and graduated in 2010 out of SOC and the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) with a B.A. in broadcast journalism and musical theatre. During my time time in college, I had the chance to intern with the Center for Media & Social Impact as well as multiple departments at 88.5 WAMU-FM including The Diane Rehm Show. 

Since graduating, I then had the opportunity to work with AU Media Relations and after that found myself doing sales and marketing for VIDA Fitness, which is part of a local DC lifestyle company called Urban Adventures. Concurrently with that, I also founded and actively produce the first and only weekly cabaret series in Washington, DC called La-Ti-Do at the Black Fox Lounge in DuPont Circle, which is still active today after over 2 years in existence.

Now, I’ve come home to AU because I wanted to help make possible the unique internship opportunities and invaluable experiences SOC provided me for the next group of students making their way through my Alma Mater.

My role is to help facilitate the program and ensure that the best and brightest SOC students are considered and to become the next generation of Dean’s interns. Feel free to contact me at dmendoza@american.edu or find me in McKinley office 215, so I hope you don’t wait and apply today!